Don’t wait until you see weird skin marks before you consult doctors in Strathpine.
If you live in sun-drenched Australia, it’s only logical for you to know the imperative steps against skin cancer.
How to avoid skin cancer in Australia
Here are seven tips to help you do it effectively.
1. Know the possible causes of skin cancer.
It’s always helpful to know about the beast you’re trying to beat.
The most common causes of skin cancer are:
- Solarium – The Cancer Council of Australia highly discourages the getting of a cosmetic tan that uses Solarium. It’s highly dangerous, as it emits UVA and UVB radiation.
- Sunburn – This is closely attributed to Melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer.
- Tanning – When overdone, tanning puts your skin on a high risk of developing cancer. Depending on your skin type, you can damage your DNA from tanning.
To know more about this, you can also ask the skin doctors in Strathpine.
2. Apply sunscreen at all times.
This is the easiest and most helpful preventative step against skin cancer.
Sunscreen protects your skin from the invisible silent killer, ultraviolet (UV) rays. Thus, make sure to apply it daily, especially in the morning.
If you are going to be exposed to the sun for a few hours, then reapply it every two hours. This way, you will get consistent protection from UV rays.
3. Study other ways to get Vitamin D.
Just because you need the sun to get Vitamin D doesn’t mean you’ll burn yourself just to get some.
In addition, protecting yourself from the sun rays will not cause Vitamin D deficiency.
Thus, study other ways to get Vitamin D. Even better, you can ask advice from the skin doctors in Strathpine.
4. Be more cautious in the workplace.
Focusing on your tasks, you might forget applying sunscreen during work.
Even though you work in an office, don’t skimp on applying it. This is even more crucial for those who work outdoors.
Employees who work outdoors must apply for protection at all times. It’s also the employers’ responsibility to provide assistance regarding sun protection.
5. Consult certified skin specialists.
You should not just settle on any doctor you find nearby, though. You should talk to the experts and specialists in Strathpine.
Do not forget to check out this bulk billing skin cancer clinic Strathpine has today. Consult them for an initial assessment or a thorough skin check.
6. Bust the myths about sun protection.
Here are bits of false information about sun protection:
- A good tan protects the skin.
- You can’t get sun damage on windy or cloudy days.
- People who have naturally dark skin do not easily get sun damage.
- A tinted car window will protect you against UV rays.
In a nutshell…
If you know that you live in a humid, sun-drenched area, you should take precautionary measures. It costs less than a skin cancer treatment—thus, there is no reason to delay doing these preventive steps.
Consult a skin specialist in Australia today
Meanwhile, are you looking for Strathpine or Ipswich medical centres?
Don’t wait until you see a weird discolouration or odd marks on your skin.
Get the right information from an experienced skin specialist. Gain your peace of mind.
Consult the skin doctors Ipswich Qld has to offer at SmartClinics.